Welcome



Glad you are visiting!! Come back anytime.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Celosia and Romaine Update






Celosia was seeded the week of January 12th... Here it is before it was transplanted.






Here it is transplanted in larger cells.










Romaine Lettuce was seeded during the week of January 18th. Here it is before it was transplanted.





Here it is transplanted 4 cells to a 4 inch pot.



In Horticulture Therapy, we are production oriented. Seeding is an activity is which is very challenging for some of my patients. However, no one can deny a sense of accomplishment when the seeds germinate and start growing. It will be some time before this lettuce is big enough to eat, but that is the ultimate goal.

Happy Gardening!

3 comments:

  1. That is a good-looking crop! It's wonderful to see a good-looking crop on these cold and snowy winter days. The Romaine makes me hungry for a salad. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, I'm jealous! I haven't even thought about getting my seeds started. I think I might buy plants from the store this year (lazy, I know!). I can still plant my greens and beans after the last frost.

    Your starters look very healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to grow the Romaine tall enough that we can harvest some to eat. That is the reward!

    ReplyDelete