Welcome



Glad you are visiting!! Come back anytime.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Powdery Mildew on Rosemary Standard

My standard rosemary plant was doing so well this summer.  I don't have a picture in its glory.  Living in Central PA, I brought the plant inside and put it on the bench in the south facing window.

It kind of looked like this on the left , (from google.com)

And to my dismay, it has become leggy, brown in the middle, and silver all over. I went to my trust internet websites... and it has been diagnosed with powdery mildew.  ACK!  What to do?  According to several helpful folks, I have pruned out the dead and sprayed it with baking soda and water solution.  Sniff.... this is it now.... picture on the right.

Hurry up warm weather so I can get it outside again!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes. This kind of stuff is why I vastly reduced house plants and now mostly stick to enhancing my wilflower gardens. Neat blog. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete