Welcome



Glad you are visiting!! Come back anytime.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Audiobooks..."Wrinkle in Time"

Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle.  This audio book was read by the author and she had such wonderful inflections in her voice.  Love that. I felt like she was reading to ME!

I travel 40 minutes to work and 45 minutes home everyday.  Instead of listening to the radio, I have been listening to audiobooks.  Now that I have discovered that I can download books from the public library, I am in heaven!

Great book published in 1962 before cell phones, before computers, before the explosion of cyberspace.  Yet, here the author explores time travel, relationships between father and daughter, siblings, working mom, and extraterrestrial beings.... things still relevant.  

One of the biggest tie-ins for me was the realization of the girl in regards to her father.  She wanted to find her father because she thought he would do everything and make it right.  Oh but I want to do everything, says the father.  Yes, as a parent, we want to do everything for our children but we can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment