Welcome



Glad you are visiting!! Come back anytime.

Friday, March 9, 2012

....Blowing off the dust.... 80's flashback!


I certainly don't think the 80's were really that long ago.

What started me thinking about my aging musical tastes was when the daughter said something about a game that is played via the computer involving Rick Astley  it was called Rickrolling.  ACKKK... I have one of his albums...you know, that black vinyl??

I finally dusted it off (literally)!

Published in 1987, the title of the album is "Whenever you need somebody" by Rick Astley.  Oh, wait a minute, the record needs to be turned over!

One of my favorite songs besides the title track is TOGETHER FOREVER.
And the lyrics at the end are great:
So don't stop me falling
It's destiny calling
A power I just can't deny
It's never changing
Can't you hear me, I'm saying
I want you for the rest of my life! 



So I wanted to know what he was doing now.  I first found him singing at 80's get togethers.... I found that horrible!  Then I found this YouTube video.  It's not too bad.  Click on the link below and hear him singing with Rumer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSK2ebkV35U







Oh, go ahead, indulge the 80's child within!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment