Welcome



Glad you are visiting!! Come back anytime.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Is it Friday yet?

Got to work a few minutes early...popped in the greenhouse as usual. Checked the plants. Looked for those plants that I wanted to take to the Flower Shoppe. I decided to see how my patients would do with a simple instruction:

Take the watering cans and spot water the totally dry plants in the greenhouse. I instructed them on the proper ratio of fertilizer to water to mix when they ran out of water.

My coworker and I then left the 4 patients with the above instruction while we left for 20 minutes to borrow a cargo van for the day from the Transportation Department.

When I returned in a mere 15-20 minutes, 3 out of the 4 were watering. Two out of the three were using a watering can. One of the two using a watering can was up on the rolling benches (the bench rolls side to side...definitely a no-no because it is NOT stable) because he was watering the hanging begonias (instead taking the begonias down, he went up to them). The other individual who was watering was using a wand and drenching plants that did not all need to be watered.

So... 25% of the patients followed instructions.

Hmmm....

is it Friday yet??

No comments:

Post a Comment