Welcome



Glad you are visiting!! Come back anytime.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Gardenias


I bought myself a Gardenia plant. Picture courtesy of Google images!


We were selling them in the Shoppe for $10 each as one of the Easter flowers. I find the blooms intoxicating... worth all the bother and fuss to have the perfum available. I had the guys repot it into an 8 in pot so I don't have to water every day.


I put it on a table by a window in my room which probably doesn't get enough sun. I hope that maybe it MIGHT get enough diffused light to be somewhat happy. I even gave it some compost tea diluted with water that I let sit out so the chlorine could evaporate because gardenias need fertilizer to keep blooming.


I figure that if I can get it give me a few blooms, then before it expires, I will return it the greenhouse for R & R. Hey... the gardenia was cheaper than a carryout pizza...and it smells FABULUOUS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment