Welcome



Glad you are visiting!! Come back anytime.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Sourdough Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe - Food.com - 30602

This is the picture from Food.com... and my bread turned out exactly like this.  Love when that happens.

I made this recipe Saturday evening and we had some for breakfast Sunday morning.

Today, Monday, I thought I would go back and get another slice. All gone.

To proof my original starter (I used my one cup of Amish Friendship Bread starter from a friend), I just mixed 2 cups water and 2 cups flour with the remainder of starter and left it out uncovered overnight. I then just used 2 cups of the mixture and put the remainder in a clean mason jar in the refrigerator.  My mom says that you can keep a starter in the refrigerator for a few weeks before the yeast cultures die.  I have only kept it in the fridge so far with success.


This can be made in a breadmaker using the dough setting.  I put it on 2 pound setting and followed the ingredients exactly.   I did as the recipe indicates which is to let it rise out of the breadmake etc.  I did increase the bake time to 40-50 minutes.


Sourdough Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe - Food.com - 30602

Good recipe from Food.com.

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment